Computer Society of India, Ranchi Chapter
The Ranchi Chapter of CSI started in 1983 with 30 members. Today, Ranchi chapter is one of the largest in Region IV with more than 225 members. Out of which 184 are life members.
ACTIVITIES OF RANCHI CHAPTER
Over the past few years, the chapter has provided yeomen services in spreading computer literacy to the community in and around Ranchi. Every year the chapter has also been conducting regular courses on various topics and subjects related to computers. Technical Talk and short workshops on emerging and state-of-art technologies are organized periodically. These are done to increase and update members and professionals about the changes and developments taking place in IT and computer fields. The International Conferences organized by the Chapter in past includes on:-
- Computer Application in Design and Engineering in 1984
- Industrial Automation in 1985
- Laboratory Automation in 1986
- Library Automation in 1987
- Computerization & Automation in Steel Industries (CATSIN’96) in 1996.
- Networking & Information Systems (NETINSYS ’97) in 1997
- Computerization & Automation in Steel Industry : Challenges and Opportunities in the New Millennium (CASICOM-2003) in 2003
- 1st International Conference on Automation & Information Technology in Iron & Steel Making Processes (AITISM’07) in 2007
- 2nd International Conference on Automation & Information Technology in Steel Making Processes (AITISM’09) in 2009
- 3rd International Conference on Automation & Information Technology in Steel Making Processes (AITISM’12) in 2012
- 4th International Conference on Automation & Information Technology in Steel Making Processes (AITISM’14) in 2014
- In line with PM’s vision for “Digital India Mission”, IT Deptt., Govt. of Jharkhand in association with CSI Ranchi Chapter arranged UDDAN-2015. CSI Ranchi Chapter actively participated in this mega event to make it grand success.
- CSI Ranchi Chapter bagged BEST CHAPTER AWARD in the year 2015.
- 5th International Conference on Automation & Information Technology in Iron & Steel Making: Vision 2025 (AITISM’16)
- 6th International Conference on Automation & Information Technology in Steel & Mining Industries (AITISM’19) : Digital transformation through Industry 4.0
The main activities of the Ranchi Chapter are:-
- Rural Awareness (Development) Programmes
- Technical Workshops/ Product Shows
- Technical Talks
- IT Quiz Contest for school children studying in Std. VII to XII in Jharkhand State
- National & International Seminars/ Symposiums / Conferences
AWARDS & HONOUR RECEIVED BY CHAPTER & MEMBERS DURING 2014-2015
2015 Awards Committee conferred CSI Ranchi Chapter the prestigious “Best Regional Chapter - (Category - C) - Ranchi chapter” at the same CSI Annual Convention 2015.